- Burns at 10,000ft+ elevation
- Does not evaporate, freeze, or melt
- Non-Toxic/Water Soluble
- Indefinite Shelf-life (reported up to 30 years)
- No EPA Restrictions (non-HAZMAT)
- Since its non-HAZMAT it can be transported by Airline or Mail
- (1) 1.25oz pouch will burn for 14-15 minutes
Another benefit to it being a gel is that you can use the amount needed and save the rest for later. It can be used to boil water, cook food, dry out wet kindling, or as fire extender. Being that it comes in a sealed foil package; it's virtually waterproof.
The flame is all but invisible, smokeless, and odorless. As Chance states in the video, it would be excellent in an Escape and Evasion situation. Where you need fire/heat but don't want to give away your position. With that, I highly recommend having a few of these in your Bug Out Bag along with your other tinder options.
As you will see in the video, one downfall to this item is that it will not ignite from a spark based fire starter (i.e. ferro rod, spark-lite, misch-metal rod). You will need an ignition based fire starter such as matches or lighter.
Check out the video and let us know what you think.
Buy it here on Amazon: